Sunday 8 April 2018

Share The Love

First time in a long time that illness has knocked be down, but Pappy Nurgle came-a-callin' . Not a lot to do at the time, but recover. Hence why there was no post last week and why this week is a little bit sparse on stuff I've actually done. That said there is plenty on the horizon for me and I think it's worth giving some love not only to my friends in the Indy publishing world locally, but also a rundown of some of the local events I've got coming up in the next few months.

Deadstar Publishing is currently putting the finishing touches to quite a few titles coming out in the soon. Namely Dolphin Squad Vol 2 by Danny J. Weston and soon to be followed by Age of Savagery featuring work from myself and Danny, who was responsible for colouring and laying out the cover art for AoS. It's really only a matter of time at this stage, but it's going to be a busy year those boys.

The next big event for me will be CFCC next month, but there are few smaller comic cons around my area that are well worth a look. Also happening at the start of May will be Swansea Comic and Gaming Con and then Caerphilly Comic Con taking place in June. Though relatively new, I attended both events last year and they were both excellent days out. Also happening in June...


Oh yes! CICE is back for another year and is returning to it's old haunt at the Mercure Hotel in Cardiff. For those who have never been, put the event on your calendar and come on by. It's a lot of fun and the CICE organizers have worked hard to build the Indy Comics scene here in Cardiff for a long time and it's great to see their strength returning after a hiatus a couple of years ago. 

Let me know of any other Comic Cons or cool events of a similar type happening in Cardiff that I may have missed. I should be back on form with my own work soon so next time, pictures. I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment